Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church
I’m sure that if I asked you, “Do you want God to bless you?”, you’d say, “Yes!” Who wouldn’t want the God of the universe; the God Who is all powerful; the God who knows all things, and the God who loves us, to bless us! We intrinsically know that if we can get God on our side, our life would go a lot smoother. And it’s encouraging to know that God wants to bless us! God is for us! (Psalm 118:6) God wants to help us! (Psalm 118:7). However, experiencing God’s blessings is more a matter of us getting on God’s side than trying to get Him on our side. The passage we will look at this Sunday, January 29th, will tell us HOW TO GET ON GOD’S SIDE, AND how to have God’s blessing in WHAT we do. WOULDN’T THAT BE GREAT? TO BE BLESSED IN WHAT WE DO? It’s simple. James 1:25 tells us how we can be blessed in what we do: “But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.” So all I have to do if I want to be blessed in what I do, is to hear God’s Word (or read God’s Word), and then do it! In other words, all I need to do is this: do what God says! Come join us this Sunday as together we hear God’s Word and take steps to do it.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THESE COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
* ATTENTION WOMEN! “Women of Hope” will be putting on a “Galentine’s Day Brunch” on February 11, 2023, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Activities Center. There will be a special guest comedienne, a table craft competition, door prizes, and a brunch provided by The Bear Claw Bakery. Cost is $12. To purchase your tickets you can venmo @LCaprarelli or mail a check to Pam Burkett at P.O. Box 5327, Pine Mountain Club, CA 93222. Payments must be received by Sunday, January 29th. Please RSVP to the ladies mentioned above or to Linda Rivette.
* COMING SOON: All Church Potluck on Sunday, February 12th at 12 noon.
* Just a “Heads Up”: You may be aware that if you order anything on Amazon, you can go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-3667810 to purchase your items, and amazon will donate a portion of your purchase to our church(at no cost to you). However, Amazon is ending the “smile” program, opting to give all their donations to organizations of their own choice. The last time you can place and order anything from smile.amazon.com/ch/95-3667810, and have your purchase benefit our church is February 20th.
* THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
* Sunday, January 29th at 9:30 a.m.: All church Prayer time in the church sanctuary
* Sunday, January 29th at 10 a.m.: Service in the sanctuary. Sermon: “How To Be Blessed in What You Do” James 1:19-27. The service will be live-streamed (Lord willing) on pmccc.org, YouTube.com, and Facebook
* Wednesday, February 1st at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the church library
* Wednesday, February 1st at 10 a.m.: Men’s Bible Study in the pastor’s office
* Wednesday, February 1st at 5 p.m.: Youth Meeting in the Activities Center
Listening to God’s Word and doing it,