Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
Presently, we are celebrating Easter in August! In our proclamation of God’s Word each week, we have made it to John Chapter 20, where Jesus is raised from the dead! It has been refreshing to again rejoice in the resurrection and know that we too will be raised with Him in the future! Last week we took a look at the empty tomb. On the second Sunday of August, we will look at the first person Jesus appeared to after He was raised from the dead: Mary Magdalene. Isn’t it interesting that Jesus would first appear to this loyal woman who followed Jesus with such grateful devotion? The following Sunday, August 19th, we will look at His first appearance to the disciples. Then on August 26th we will look at His appearance to Thomas – the guy who didn’t believe that Jesus was raised from the dead. I know God has prepared great nourishment for us from His Word as we gather to worship and fellowship together this month.
COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
* Thank you so much for praying for Linda and I as we traveled to the Evangelical Church Alliance conference in Cincinnati Ohio. It was a great time to grow in the Lord and to be encouraged by other pastors and their wives. The theme was “Effective Leadership” and it was all very helpful to me and Linda as well.
* THIS MONTH THE MEN’S BREAKFAST WILL BE SATURDAY, AUGUST 18th. I’m putting this in big letters because this is the only Pastor’s Update that I will write for the month of August. If you would like a “Reminder Call”, just ask J.D., and he will call you the Thursday night before the event. His phone number is 661-242-1004. We have been having great times of fellowship and great discussions in God’s Word, so I hope that If you’re a man, and you’re in town on Saturday, August 18th, you will come join us.
* I am grateful that two folks have volunteered to help with sound, and two folks have volunteered to help with Children’s Ministry! We just need one more person to help with each, and then we can go on a “Once a Month Rotation.” If you would like to serve the Lord and the Body of Christ here at PMCCC once a month in either of these areas, please talk to me or call the office.
*This will be the only Pastor’s Update for the month of August.
ONGOING WEEKLY EVENTS:
* Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the Sanctuary
* Every Sunday at 10:00 a.m.: Church Service
* Every Wednesday at 10:00 a.m: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center
COMING EVENTS: MARK YOU CALENDAR!
* Saturday, August 18th at 8 a.m.: Men’s Breakfast in the Activities Center
* Saturday, August 15th at 8 a.m.: Men’s Breakfast in the Activities Center
* Sunday, September 16th at 12 noon: All Church Pot Luck in the Activities Center
* Sunday, September 23rd at 4 p.m.: BLUEGRASS BRETHREN! Mark your calendar and come hear this talented Christian music ensemble as they share their Blue Grass music and encourage us with their music and testimony for Christ.
May you live each day in the fullness of the risen Christ,
NOTE: Input your email address below to be added to the Pastor’s Update email.