Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
With out a doubt, we Christians are the most privileged people in the World. In the Name of Jesus we have the privilege to come into the presence of Almighty God and be used of Him to change the lives of friends, relatives, world leaders, and the course of nations! God has literally made available to us an unlimited supply of power, wisdom and grace that reaches far beyond our puny abilities. God said to Jeremiah, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”(Jeremiah 33:3). The One who made that statement is the one who visited us in Jesus: the mighty risen Son of God in Whom dwells all the fullness of the Deity in bodily form.”(Colossians 2:9). He is the same One who told us to “Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations; the One who said, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and earth”; “I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matt. 28:18-20). This same One said, “You may ask Me for anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:14).
How can we pray with such power? God tells us in James 5:16, “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” This Sunday, June 6th, we will look at these words that remind us of the mighty resources available to us as children of God. And who knows what amazing things would happen if we would but put on the righteousness of Christ and believe Him for great things!
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND EVENTS:
* So far, I have two people who want to be baptized at the end of the service, Sunday, June 27th. If you have put your trust in Jesus as your savior and Lord, and you’ve never been baptized, I want to invite you to take this very important step of obedience in Christ. Baptism is the public declaration that you are a follower of Jesus. it is a declaration that you intend to live for Him and if necessary, die for Him. Baptism is a physical picture of being buried with Christ and then raised up for a new life with Christ. Please call the office at 661-242-1025 if you would like to be baptized on June 27th.
* During my sabbatical in July and August, we will be having guest preachers from The Master’s Seminary. We need folks in our church who will treat the guest preacher (and maybe his wife) to lunch after the service. You can have them for lunch in your home or at a restaurant. Please consider showing some great PMCCC hospitality by picking a Sunday during the months of July and August to have this special time with our guest. There will be a sign-up at the service this Sunday.
* Please mark your calendar: Vacation Bible School is scheduled for August 2nd to August 6th. Please plan to help, pray, or volunteer for this important outreach to kids in our community.
* Please be in prayer for a special youth outreach this Saturday at 2 p.m at the Frazier Skate Park. We will be taking our youth and friends of our youth for this special event.
* There will not be a “Pastor’s Update” for the next two weeks, as I will be on vacation.
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
* Saturday, June 5th at 1 p.m. Special Youth Event! We will meet at the AC and then travel to the Frazier Skate Park. We will return by 4:30
* Sunday, June 6th at 9:30 a.m.: All Church Prayer time in the church sanctuary or in your home. Please pray that we will, “Press on toward the goal, for the prize of the upward call of God in Jesus Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:14).
* Sunday, June 6th at 10 a.m.: Church Service in the sanctuary. Sermon: “How to Pray With Power” (James 5:13-18). Our church is open, so you can come to the worship service in person or watch online at pmccc.org, Youtube.com (just put Pine Mountain Christian Community Church in the search box) or Facebook.com
* Wednesday, June 9th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center. Special series: “When Trouble Comes”.
* Wednesday, June 9th at 10 a.m.: Men’s Bible Study in the Church Library. Study: Romans 8
* Wednesday, June 9th at 5 p.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the Church Sanctuary: If you can’t come in person, join us by viewing the live prayer time with pastors and leaders around the country by going to: prayvotestand.org.
Growing with God in powerful prayer,