Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
It is always amazing to me how relevant events in the Bible are to events we see today. This Sunday, we will see at least one example of what it’s like to live in a town with no police! In our study of Genesis, we come to Chapter 19 and we will view Abraham’s nephew as he welcomes two angels who come to investigate the wickedness of the city of Sodom. You know the story: a mob comes to his house and demands that he turn over the two guests. The mob didn’t know who they were dealing with, and the rest is history. There are many things in this passage that will teach us about God and human nature. There are both good and bad examples for us to observe. But most important, we will see God’s majesty, holiness, mercy, and power. Whether you join us in person or online, I pray that we will be both encouraged and strengthened as we come united in the truth of God’s Word.
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND EVENTS:
* I want to again emphasis that we all need to be careful because of covid-19. I would still advise that those who are at risk stay at home and join us online, rather than coming to church. For those who choose to come, we are making every effort to make it safe for you and everyone who comes, regardless of age. Our open Church service is going well, and the kids had a great time in Children’s Church last Sunday. Please remember that both adults and kids must wear a mask upon entering church. Every other pew is roped off so that Adults can be six feet apart, and the kids will be spaced out around tables in Children’s church.
* I want to thank Jonathan Sorrano who runs our online streaming, Jon Landers who set up the sound for streaming, JD Caboor who operates the cameras, and Gil Valenzuela who has build and installed platforms for our cameras, as well as those who gave financially to purchase the needed equipment. All of these folks have been used of God to take the ministry of God’s Word to our community and to other parts of the country as friends and relatives have tuned in.
* I want to thank God for touching the hearts of individuals to meet our need for a new laser color printer! All of the funds came in this past week and we will be purchasing our new printer this week. This will be a huge help as we continue to minister to people here at our church and in our community.
* Since Church, Adult Bible Studies, and Children’s Church have all come back with social distancing, we are planning to start an Adult Sunday School class on July 19th at 9 a.m. in the Activities Center! Jack MacKenzie will be teaching the class, and he will be using a book entitled “Josiah’s Reformation” that reviews the life of King Josiah. Josiah lived in a time like ours, in which the people of Israel had turned away from God. This is a great study with many practical applications. Jack says that outside the Bible, this is one of the three greatest books he has ever read! The book will be at church this Sunday for your review, and you can sign up this Sunday on the clipboard, or by calling the church.
* Do you remember The Vine Pregnancy Center Bottle Fundraiser that usually went from Mother’s Day to Father’s Day? Well, it didn’t happen then, so it will begin this Sunday and go to September 7th, which is the Sunday of the Labor Day weekend. You can pick up a baby bottle this Sunday. You may also call the office to arrange to pick one up at church during the week. Please sign the clip board to let us know you have taken a bottle, and return it filled with change, cash, or checks by September 7th. All gifts will go to help The Vine Pregnancy Center stay open to minister to pregnant women in our community.
* Some of you who have attended our church for over five years may remember one of our previous Elders, Don Lister. Don and Dorothy moved to Lancaster about five years ago, and last week Don passed into eternity and is now with our Lord. He was a blessing to me, and a man of wisdom that often both helped and supported me during his time at this church. I have missed him greatly, but am rejoicing that he is enjoying the glory of heaven! There will be a public viewing (only) at Halley Olsen mortuary in Lancaster tomorrow, Friday, July 3rd from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.. His internment will be a private service at Bakersfield National Cemetery in Arvin on Monday July 6th. Those of you who would like to send Dorothy a note may mail it to Dorothy Lister, 43044 Lemonwood Dr., Lancaster, CA 93536.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
* Sunday, July 5th, at 9:30 a.m. : All Church Prayer time in your home or in the church sanctuary. Please pray for the churches of America, that God’s Spirit will move the hearts of His people to live for Christ and share God’s love and forgiveness with those who don’t know Him.
* Sunday, July 5th at 10 a.m: Church Service in the sanctuary. Also streamed live on pmccc.org, Facebook, and YouTube. Sermon: “Angels Visit Lot and God Destroys the City of Sodom” Genesis 19
* Wednesday, July 8th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center, Men’s Bible Study in the Sanctuary.
* Sunday, July 12th after service: Annual Members Meeting in the sanctuary
* Sunday, July 19th: Adult Sunday School begins at 9 a.m. in the Activities Center
Rejoicing in God’s Mercy,