Dear Friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season, and that the love of Christ is flooding your soul as you interact with others. This really is a special season, and I believe God’s Holy Spirit does much to move people’s hearts closer to Christ during the days leading up to Christmas. As we continue our look into Scripture for the events that lead up to the birth of Christ, we will look at the words of a prophet that lived and spoke 735 years before Jesus was born. As God revealed the coming of the Messiah to this prophet, he was able to tell us not only what city the Messiah would be born in, but what He would do, and where He would come from! The prophet was Micah, and we will look at his amazing prophecy as we gather to worship this Sunday, December 17th.
COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
* MEN! This Saturday, December 16th, is Men’s Breakfast! Come join us at 8 a.m. in the Activities Center for a great breakfast and some great fellowship as we talk about the “The Wise Men Who Missed the Savior.” You are probably familiar with the Wise Men from the East, but there is a group of wise men described in Scripture who did not go to Bethlehem. Come join us as we open the Word of God and see His truth revealed to us.
* Women! This Wednesday, December 20th, is the Women’s Christmas Party! It will be at 10 a.m. in the Activities Center. All church ladies and your friends are invited! Bring a wrapped ornament for a gift exchange (handmade or store-bought). Soup will be provided. (Optional: bring food to share). Come enjoy Christmas carol singing, a devotional, games, food, and fellowship!
* I want to thank Allie Kowalski and Michelle Wright for setting up the One Stop Kids Shop for the “Christmas in the Village” event here in Pine Mountain Club. Allie has been working and preparing for this all year! Close to 100 kids came and bought gifts for their family with only one dollar! Parents also were able to pick out special presents for their kids. Each gift bought had a Scripture attached, and I believe this will have a powerful impact on all the kids who came.
* I also want to thank God for the amazing opportunity we had to present the gospel at the “Christmas in the Village” event. Linda and I were able to share the true meaning of Christmas with the 300 or so people there, and I know God will use His Word in the hearts of all who heard our presentation. In addition, just about all the songs that were sung during the event were about Jesus! Please join me in praying that many will come to Christ and begin attending church as a result of the words that were shared and the songs that were sung.
* The 2018 tithing envelopes are in – They are located on the left as you enter the church.
* Be sure to pick up your FREE copy of the devotional booklet, “Our Daily Bread,” now available for Dec/Jan/Feb. – on the usher’s table as you enter the church
* Want to do something special this Christmas? Come carpool or caravan with us to a performance of Handel’s Messiah! We will meet at the church at 1:30 and caravan to Lake Ave. Church in Pasadena. The performance will feature a 100 voice choir, a full orchestra, and great soloist, including my daughter, Tiffany as the soprano soloist! Concert is from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Many say that this is the greatest piece of music ever written in the history of the world! And the performance is free!
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
Saturday, December 16th at 8 a.m.: Men’s Breakfast in the Activities Center
Sunday, December 17th at 9:30 a.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the Sanctuary
Sunday Service, December 17th at 10 a.m.. Sermon: “O Little Town of Bethlehem” Micah 5:2
Sunday, December 17th at 1:30 p.m.: Meet at church and caravan to Handel’s Messiah in Pasadena
Tuesday, December 19th at 3 p.m.: Children’s Choir at the Activities Center
Wednesday, December 20th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Christmas Party in the Activities Center
Wednesday, December 20th at 7 p.m.: Sr. High Youth meeting at the Turnbull’s house
Thursday, December 21st at 11 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study at the home of Linda East.
Thursday, December 22nd at 7 p.m.: Jr. High Meeting at the Activities Center
Friday, December 23rd at 7 p.m.: Couple’s Bible study on marriage at Gil & Ann Valenzuela’s home.
Key verse for this week: “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity.” (Micah 5:2, NASB)
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you,