Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
The Word of God is good for piercing our heart and causing us to examine ourselves before God. That piercing is always a good thing. God’s searchlight on our soul always shows us our need for God to continue His work of grace to change us into the beautiful people we are destined to be. So, to intensify God’s searchlight on our soul, James asks the question, “What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? (James 2:14). In those well chosen words, God is reminding us that the proof of the reality of our faith in Christ is a changed life. A changed life that is progressively increasing in serving Christ wherever He has us. A changed life that is eager know Christ better than we know Him now. A changed life that is progressively becoming more like Jesus Himself. And so genuine faith in Jesus will inevitably result in a grateful heart that will produce good deeds. And there is no pressure. We don’t have to drum up good deeds – all we need to do is follow Him and do the good deeds He has prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10).
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND EVENTS:
* There will be a Church Council Meeting this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Please pray for the leadership of our church as we come together to seek the Lord for His leading for His people in this fellowship.
* We have some new equipment that should improve our Sunday Service Live Stream. Lord willing, our online church service will go much better this Sunday. Please pray that we will be able to improve sound and streaming quality.
* I need to make a correction regarding comments I made last week in the Pastor’s Update. I mentioned that you could go to www.prayvotestand.org to watch the video TOWNHALL, February 10th, to gain insight in what is happening in our nation and how we as Christians should respond. I mentioned the event was being led by Tony Perkins, president of Family Recourse Center. That was incorrect. Tony Perkins is president of Family Research Council, and that is the organization that sponsored the event. I should also mention that each Wednesday at 5 p.m. Tony leads a live streamed 30 minute prayer time with pastors all across the nation. You are welcome to tune in at that website. We join them each Wednesday as a part of our All Church Prayer Meeting.
* We are adding something new to our All Church Prayer Meeting for Wednesday night at 5 p.m. After praying with Christians all across the nation on the www.prayvotestand.org site at 5 p.m., we will spend twenty minutes singing hymns from the hymnal! WE will end our time in praying for personal prayer requests. Come join us for a great time of prayer and praise to God in the Sanctuary.
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
* Friday, February 19th from 3:30 p.m. to 5 pm.: Youth Fun Time: Hike to the Waterfall! Meet at the Activities Center at 3:30 p.m. We’ll be back by 5.
* Saturday, February 20th from 10 a.m. to 12 noon: Church Council Meeting in the Activities Center
* Sunday, February 21st at 9 a.m.: Adult Bible Study in the Activities Center: Study: Matthew 5:1-12, “The Beatitudes”
* Sunday, February 21st at 9:30 a.m. : All Church Prayer time in the church sanctuary or in your home . Please pray that we as a fellowship will seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33).
* Sunday, February 21st at 10 a.m.: Church Service in the sanctuary. Sermon: “The Proof of Our Faith in Christ”. James 2:14-26. Our church is open, so you can come to the worship service in person or watch online at pmccc.org, YouTube.com (put “Pine Mountain Christian Community Church” in the search box) or FaceBook.com
* Sunday, February 21st at 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Youth Meeting in the Activities Center
* Wednesday, February 24th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center. Study: Revelation 13.
* Wednesday, February 24th at 10 a.m.: Men’s Bible Study in the Church Library. Study: Romans 8
* Wednesday, February 24th at 5 p.m.: All Church Prayer Time and Hymn Sing in the Church Sanctuary.
Walking in good deeds,