Dear Friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
Many do not realize that Moses was separated from his wife and kids during his time in Egypt; and as he brought the Israelites out of slavery. But once out of Egypt, there was a wonderful family reunion! We will take a look at this family reunion as we continue our study of Exodus, and we will see how a family reunion can bring help, encouragement, and a deeper relationship with God!
Throughout scripture, God emphasizes the importance of family. God never intended us to live life alone. It is a blessed truth that when we come to Christ, we are adopted into God’s family. In one sense, when we come together to worship each Sunday, we are gathering for a family reunion! It is a time for us to connect, to catch up, and to encourage one another as brothers and sisters in the presence of God. What a blessed time this is!
An important part of our reunion with the family of God this Sunday, October 8, will be participating in Communion. As we remember the suffering, death and resurrection of Christ, we will again remember what makes our family in Christ so meaningful. The Apostle Peter writes, “In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade – kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.”
HERE ARE A FEW COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
* As is our custom on Communion Sunday, we will take an exit offering at the end of our service in order to help needy people in our community.
* We want to thank God for bringing Jon and Ann Landers as well as David and Catherine Lelah to our fellowship as new members! They have already blessed us with their servant hearts and help in several areas. I hope you will welcome them and get to know these two special couples!
* On Saturday, October 14th, The Vine Pregnancy Center will have it’s annual “yard sale” at the Name Your Price Thrift Store in Frazier Park (right behind Caveman Cavey’s Pizza and the Frazier Mt. Market) from 10 a.m to 5 p.m. There are TWO ways you can help: 1). Leave items there at 9 a.m. on Oct 14th and 2). Come shop! 100% of the proceeds that day will go to The Vine Pregnancy Center.
* On Sunday, October 22nd, there will be a special Family Fall Harvest Festival from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.! This will include games for kids, a hay ride, and a hot dog dinner! For those of you who were at the planning meeting, please take note of the change of date (not happening on Saturday, Oct. 21st)
* In order to accommodate the Family Fall Harvest Festival, the Lunch and Member’s meeting has been moved to Sunday, October 29th.
* I will be gone from Monday, October 9th to Monday October 16th. I will be taking vacation time and participating in special projects for Entertainment Ministries, an outreach to people in TV and Film. Please pray that this will be a fruitful time that will help bring people to Christ in this important mission field! If you need to contact me during this week, just text me or call me at 661-717-9622. Because I will be gone next week, there will not be a “Pastor’s Update” on Friday, October 13th.
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
Sunday, October 8th: 9:30 a.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the Sanctuary
Sunday Service, October 8th at 10 a.m.. Sermon: “Moses Has a Family Reunion!” Exodus 18:1 – 12
Tuesday, October 10th at 3 p.m.: Children’s Choir with Allie in the Activities Center
Wednesday, October 11th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center, Men’s Bible Study in the Church Library
Thursday, October 12th at 11 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study at the home of Linda East.
Thursday, October 12th at 7 p.m.: Men’s Bible Study in the Church Library
Key verse for this week: “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25; NIV)
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you,
NOTE: Input your email address below to be added to the Pastor’s Update email.