Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
Let’s face it. Friendship takes time. Friendship takes commitment, and sometimes friendship takes work. But our friendship with God requires a different attitude, and a few different perspectives. These different attitudes and perspectives are because of who God is. The book of James tells us simply how to develop and enhance our friendship with God: 1) Submit to God. 2) Resist the devil. 3) Come near to God. 3) Wash your hands and purify your heart. 4) Sincerely grieve over your sin. 5) Humble yourself before the Lord Jesus. And I should say that these 5 commands are easy when we consider who God is and all that He has done for us by sending Jesus to save us. This Sunday, April 18th, we will look at each one of these wonderful commands, and gain a greater understanding of God’s kindness and mercy in a friendship that will last for eternity!
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND EVENTS:
* It has been encouraging to see greater freedom here in Kern County as covid-19 numbers are going down and more venues are opening up. We are continuing social distancing in our services, and we have all been blessed as more folks are returning to church. Several people have commented to me how wonderful it is to join others for worship, and how greatly their worship has been enhanced by in-person worship. I want to invite you to join us as soon as you feel safe to join others for worship. The Spirit of God is doing a new work among us, and I want to invite you to come unite with your brothers and sisters in Christ as we gather together to worship God in the fellowship of His Spirit.
* On Thursday, April 29th, I will begin a 5 week class on how to study and share the word of God. This will be a prep for those men who may think God might lead them to preach in my absence. However, the class is open to anyone (man or woman) who wants to learn how to better understand and study the Bible. There is a prerequisite for the class: You must be on a plan to read the Bible from cover to cover within 2 years, or be willing to start a plan to read the Bible in 2 years. The class will be on Thursday, beginning April 29th at 4:30 p.m. If you want to be in the class, but this time does not work for you, contact me and if there is enough interest, we will start a second class at a different time.
* There will be a Church Council Meeting this Saturday, April 17th from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
* Friday, April 16th from 3:30 to 9:00 p.m.: Youth Fun Time! Roller skating in Bakersfield! You must call me or text me and reserve a spot before 12 noon Friday. We will leave the church at 3:30 p.m., skate from 4:30 to 6:30, have dinner at In-N-Out Burger, and return before 9 p.m.
* Saturday, April 17th at 10 a.m. to 12 noon: Church Council Meeting in the Activities Center
* Sunday, April 18th at 9:30 a.m. : All Church Prayer time in the church sanctuary or in your home . Please pray that we will “be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. That we will make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:2-3).
* Sunday, April 18th at 10 a.m.: Church Service in the sanctuary. Sermon: “How To Be A Friend of God” (James 4:7-10). Our church is open, so you can come to the worship service in person or watch online at pmccc.org, Youtube.com (just put Pine Mountain Christian Community Church in the search box) or facebook.com
* Wednesday, April 21st at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center. Study: Revelation.
* Wednesday, April 21st at 10 a.m.: Men’s Bible Study in the Church Library. Study: Romans 8
* Wednesday, April 21st at 5 p.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the Church Sanctuary: If you can’t come in person, join us by viewing the live prayer time with pastors and leaders around the country by going to: prayvotestand.org.
Working to enhance my friendship with God,