Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
Every day can be a wonderful day as we walk in the truth of God’s love. Every day can be a wonderful day as we turn away from sin and walk in the truth of God’s forgiveness. Every day can be wonderful as we experience the truth of His purpose for us and walk in obedience according to the truth of His perfect plan for us. Conversely, any day that we walk away from the truth, will result in a miserable day that causes us to miss out on His gracious care and guidance. There is no greater tragedy than a Christian missing out on God’s love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. My friend, you don’t want anyone to miss out on the riches of God’s Kingdom. That’s why James ends his book with an admonition for all of us to walk in the truth, and to help others who have gotten off track to return to Christ. James, guided by the Holy Spirit says, “My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander form the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins”(James 5:19-20). Surely it is obvious that whether we ourselves need help, or know someone who needs help, we should actively seek to encourage one another to stay in close fellowship with Christ.
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND EVENTS:
* I want to thank Jack MacKenzie for filling the pulpit and proclaiming the Word of God for the last two Sundays. Both Sundays were blessed by the presence of God, and helpful for both encouraging and equipping us for service to our wonderful Lord.
* We still need some folks to sign up to treat the guest speaker for lunch after the service during the months of July and August. We will pass around a sign-up sheet this Sunday during service. Be thinking of which Sunday you would like to share some hospitality with the Lord’s servants during these months.
* There will be a Church Council Meeting This Saturday, June 26th at 3 p.m. in the Activities Center.
* Please mark your calendar: Vacation Bible School is scheduled for August 2nd to August 6th. Please plan to help, pray, or volunteer for this important outreach to kids in our community.
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
* Friday, June 25th from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Youth Movie Night in the Activities Center: Movie: the new (2016) Ben Hur! Pop corn and snacks provided.
* Saturday, June 26th at 3 p.m.: Church Council Meeting in the Activities Center
* Sunday, June 27th at 9:30 a.m.: All Church Prayer time in the church sanctuary or in your home. Please pray that we will set apart Christ as Lord in our hearts. And that we will always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks us to give the reason for the hope that we have in Christ (1 Peter 3:15).
* Sunday, June 27th at 10 a.m.: Church Service in the sanctuary. Sermon: “Staying Close to Christ” (James 5:19-20). Our church is open, so you can come to the worship service in person or watch online at pmccc.org, Youtube.com (just put Pine Mountain Christian Community Church in the search box) or Facebook.com
* Wednesday, June 30th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center. Special series: “When Trouble Comes”.
* Wednesday, June 30th at 10 a.m.: Men’s Bible Study in the Church Library. Study: Romans 8
* Wednesday, June 30th at 5 p.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the Church Sanctuary: If you can’t come in person, join us by viewing the live prayer time with pastors and leaders around the country by going to: prayvotestand.org.
Staying Close to Christ,