Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
We Christians have a habit of making problems for ourselves. Everything can be fine, but then our impatience, our lack of contentment, our bitterness, our selfishness, our concern of what others think, our tendency to take matters into our own hands, or our lack of faith, bring problems that could have easily been avoided. And this happens to some of the hero’s in the Bible. It happened to Abram and Sari (commonly known as Abraham and Sarah). They created problems for themselves that are embarrassing to talk about – but we will talk about them this Sunday because that’s what happens in the next chapter of our study of Genesis. So this Sunday, June 7th, we will hear about Abram and Sari, and learn of some things not to do – I’m sure this will help us avoid making problems for ourselves, and prepare us to live lives of faith in God, who longs for us to follow Him and avoid unnecessary problems.
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND EVENTS:
* Yes! The “Our Daily Bread” booklets are in! You can pick up the June/July/August issue on the deck.
* Several have asked me when our church will be open. We plan to open the church as soon as the camera bases arrive and we can mount the cameras on the walls and clean the church. Our bases were supposed to arrive today (Thursday, June 4th); but did not, so I’m expecting them to arrive Friday. I would like to play it safe and say that we plan to officially open Sunday, June 14th. However, as you should know, each Sunday morning the music and tech team are at the church, and we conduct the worship service which is streamed live online on our website pmccc.org. While the service goes on in the sanctuary at the regular time at 10 a.m, the doors are unlocked, and we do not keep people from coming in and joining us. If you wish to join us, please wear a mask as you enter, and feel free to remove your mask as long as you are at least six feet from others you are not quarantined with.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
* Sunday, June 7th, at 9:30 a.m. : All Church Prayer time in everyone’s home: Please pray that God will use the dramatic events of this past week to bring people to Christ and to help us come together as a nation. Please also continue to pray for David Renna who is doing better and recovering in the hospital; and John Loucky, who is also doing better, and is asking that the Lord will completely restore the use of his left arm and hand as he recovers from the stroke.
* Sunday, June 7th, at 10 a.m.: Service streamed live on pmccc.org, Facebook, and YouTube. Sermon: “Abraham Makes Problems for Himself” Genesis 16.
* Wednesday, June 10th, at 10 a.m.: Men’s Bible Study by phone conference call. Just let me know if you want to be called, and I will call you Wednesday morning between 10:00 and 10:05 a.m. and include you in the study by phone.
* Sunday, July 12th at 12 noon: Annual Members Meeting in the sanctuary