Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
How great it is to gather together to Worship the Lord of Heaven and Earth! Whether we are gathering in the sanctuary, or gathering online, it is great to be encouraged as we hear of God’s love and faithfulness. This Sunday, December 6th, we will hear of the miracle birth that happened six months before the miracle birth of the Lord Jesus. That would be the miracle birth of John the Baptist! As the Christmas story unfolds, it is obvious that God wanted everyone to know that the Messiah and Savior of the World would soon come. So before God sent an angel to Mary, the mother of Jesus, he sent an angel to the father of John the Baptist. And what was the father of John the Baptist doing when the angel came to him? He was serving God in the temple. There’s something we should take note of: God comes to us when we are serving. Maybe I should say that God comes to us when we are faithfully serving – when we are joyfully serving! I want to encourage you to look for opportunities to serve the Lord Jesus during this time of isolation and social distancing. God has a way of giving us all opportunities to serve Him no matter what is going on around us. And let me encourage you to be faithful to God during this time: faithful to read His Word, faithful to talk to Him as you go through your day, and faithful to serve those around you. You will be amazed at what God will do if you believe Him and serve Him!
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND EVENTS:
* The youth will not meet this Friday, November 4th for Youth Fun Night, but we will meet Sunday night at 5 p.m. for dinner and Bible Study.
* This Saturday, December 5th, we will be decorating the Church from 10 to 12 noon! Come help us make our church a warm, festive place to worship the Lord and celebrate Christmas!
* If you want to help provide stocking stuffers for kids in need here in our Mountain Community, check the list of items needed on “The Pastor’s Update Addendum” sent out last week. Make sure all your items are at the church by Thursday, December 10th.
* December 12 is the One Stop Kids Shop! If you would like to help by wrapping the presents that the kids pick out for their parents and siblings, or help with crowd control, call Allie Kowalski at 661-388-8050
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
*Saturday, December 5th, at 10 a.m.: Come decorate the church!
* Sunday, December 6th, at 9:30 a.m. : All Church Prayer time in your home or in the church sanctuary. Please pray for us as God’s people to take every opportunity to serve God by helping others this week. (Mark 10:43).
* Sunday, December 6th at 10 a.m: Church Service in the sanctuary. Sermon: “The Other Miracle Birth” Luke 1:5-13/3:1-22/ 7:18-28. Our church is open, so you can come to the worship service in person or watch online at pmccc.org, YouTube.com (put “Pine Mountain Christian Community Church” in the search box) or FaceBook
* Wednesday, December 9th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center
* Wednesday, December 9th at 10 a.m.: Men’s Bible Study in the Church Library
* Wednesday, December 9th at 5 p.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the church sanctuary
Looking for opportunities to serve God,