Dear Friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
Easter changes everything. The resurrection of Jesus changes who we are. It changes who we can become by the grace of God. It changes our purpose. It changes our future. To know that Jesus has died to pay the penalty for our sins, and has risen from the dead so that He will be with us now and forever, is a wonderful reality to experience! The Bible says, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation! The old things pass away and new things have come!” (2nd Corinthians 5:17). The Bible says that we will become conformed to the likeness of His Son (Rom. 8:29). The Bible says we have a new purpose: to no longer live for ourselves, but for Him who died and rose again on our behalf (2 Corinthians 5:15). And the Bible says that we have a new future: to live in the place He has prepared for us (John 14:1 – 3). This new future will be a place where there is no disease, no suffering, and no death. It is a glorious future with Jesus that is far beyond what we can think or imagine! (1st Corinthians 2:9). As you can see, we have much to celebrate when we gather this Sunday, April 21st, to worship and rejoice in the resurrection of Jesus!
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS!:
* This is a special week as we gather together and remember the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus. I hope you will come join us Friday night at 7 p.m., for our Good Friday Service. We will take communion together, and then follow Jesus as He endures the trial and crucifixion. This will be a very meaningful service, and give us great appreciation for God’s love and sacrifice for us.
* MEN’S BREAKFAST will be this Saturday, April 20th at 8 a.m. in the Activities Center. This will be a special time as we look into scripture and see what the disciples were up to as they spent the day in sorrow, clueless that Jesus would rise from the dead!
* Please be in prayer for our Easter service this Sunday, April 21st. We have invited the entire community to join us for this special celebration! Please pray that God’s Spirit will use the invitations and bring many from our community to experience the grace of God in Christ. Plan to come and invite a friend or relative. Also, be prepared to welcome and greet all who come.
* The Easter Celebration will continue after the service as we all have lunch together! Please plan to stay for the Easter Lunch Pot Luck! Bring a main dish, and a side dish (bread, salad, vegetable, or dessert) and meet in the Activities Center at noon! Drinks and tableware will be provided. All guests are welcome!
* There will be no youth meeting on Easter Sunday
CHURCH EVENTS THIS WEEK:
* Friday, April 19th at 7 p.m.: Good Friday Service
*Saturday, April 20th at 8 a.m.: Men’s Breakfast in the Activities Center
* Sunday April 21st at 9:30 a.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the Sanctuary
* Sunday April 21st at 10:00 a.m.: Church Service: Sermon: “Easter Changes Everything” 2nd Corinthians 5:17
* Wednesday, April 24th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center: Topic: “A Call For Wholehearted Commitment – a study of the Old Testament book of Nehemiah.”
* Wednesday, April 24th at 10 a.m.: Men’s fellowship and Bible Study in the library.
* Thursday, April 25th at 11 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study at 2414 Freeman Dr.: “What Happens When Women Say “Yes” to God”
Rejoicing in the resurrected Jesus!
NOTE: Input your email address below to be added to the Pastor’s Update email.