Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
Jesus said, “You are the light of the world.” (Matthew 5:14). In other words, this would be a dark, evil world without Christians shining the light of Christ. The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 5:11, “Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them.” As we face a new year, we must be prepared to face a wave of darkness and evil, that will, if not exposed and stopped, steal away our children and grandchildren. The wave of darkness and evil is especially evident in the “Progressive Movement” and “The New Sexual Revolution.” We must be prepared to stand up to the bullies of this godless wave that seeks to destroy the clear teaching of God’s word on life and human sexuality. Why shouldn’t a woman be allowed to kill the innocent baby in the womb? Why shouldn’t people be allowed to marry someone of the same sex? Why shouldn’t people be allowed to change their gender? The answer is simple: all of these actions would be fine IF THERE IS NO GOD. But the truth is, God is real, and He has spoken on all of these issues. And because this is His world, His word is the law of the land, regardless of what people decide or legislate.
Now, more than any time in history, we need to be prepared to share God’s beautiful, reasonable, and healthy plan for life and sexuality. For this reason, this Sunday, January 16th, I will be preaching on “God’s Plan for Life and Human Sexuality.” You won’t want to miss it.
PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS AND EVENTS:
* This Saturday, January 15th, there will be a Church Council Meeting at 10 a.m. in the Activities Center.
* I am happy to announce that our church finished the year in the black with all our bills paid. I want to thank all of you who supported the ministry here at PMCCC. Because of you, both kids and adults have come to Christ, both kids and adults have been taught the Word of God, and brought into the presence of God through worship. Because of your support, the gospel has gone to Asia, Europe, Africa, and to people in Hollywood through the missionaries we support. In addition, kids in a third world country have come to know the love of Christ through Operation Christmas Child. People here in Pine Mountain Club have received a gospel presentation through a personal letter. People in need here in PMC have received help with food, gas, firewood, transportation, and critical bills. Your financial support has definitely helped to further the Kingdom of God.
THIS WEEK’S CHURCH CALENDAR:
*Saturday at 10 a.m.: Church Council Meeting in the Activities Center.
*Sunday at 9:30 a.m.: All church Prayer time in the church sanctuary.
* Sunday at 10 a.m.: Church Service in the sanctuary. Sermon: “God’s Plan for Life and Human Sexuality”. You can come to the worship service in person or watch online at pmccc.org, Youtube.com (just put Pine Mountain Christian Community Church in the search box) or Facebook.com
* Sunday at 5 p.m.: High School Youth Meeting in the Activities Center. Study: “Life and Human Sexuality”.
* Wednesday at 10 a.m.: Men’s Bible Study in the Church Library: Study: 1st Corinthians
* Wednesday at 5 p.m. : Jr. High Youth Meeting in the Activities Center: 6th, 7th and 8th graders. Study: “Life and Human Sexuality”.
* Wednesday at 7 p.m.: Mid-Week fellowship in the Activities Center: Study: 1st Kings
Living according to God’s plan,