Dear friend of Pine Mountain Christian Community Church,
This Sunday, November 24th, we will gather to worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who gave His life so that we could be free from sin and inherit eternal life. We will also look at a dramatic, moving passage of Scripture that describes Stephen, a miracle-working servant of Christ, as he stood on trial for his earthly life. Although he was killed, Stephen was certainly not the victim, but rather he was the victor! Death merely rushed him into the presence of Jesus, Who was there ready to receive him! In this event there are several contrasts. There is the contrast of being filled with anger and being filled with the Holy Spirit. There is the contrast between spiritual blindness and spiritual sight. There is, of course, the contrast between death and life. And then there is the contrast between hate and love. I’m sure the Lord has much to give us and much to teach us as we look together at Stephen, and observe his unwavering dedication to the Lord Jesus Christ.
COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
* Would you like to get baptized? This Sunday, we will witness three adults who will be coming for believer’s baptism. What is believer’s baptism? It is the opportunity for someone, who after believing in Christ, will proclaim their obedience to Christ by being submerged in water to signify that he or she is buried with Christ, putting away the self-centered life, and is now raised up with Christ to live with Him and for Him. We will have the baptism pool filled with warm water on Sunday February 24th right after the service! Please let me know if you would like to be baptized!
* I have been told that many married couples decide to go to the “Weekend to Remember” Christian marriage conference about three weeks before the conference begins. For that reason, I want to let you know there will be a “Weekend to Remember” conference in about three weeks! It will be held at the Ventura Beach Marriott from March 15th to the 17th. You can still sign up and get $100 off by using the code “pmccc” when you register online. The cost is $350 per couple, so you can go for $250 per couple with this code. Hotel cost is extra, and if you register for the conference you will get a group rate for the hotel which will be $304 for the weekend (Friday & Saturday night). Simply go to weekendtoremember.com to find the conference site and register.
* A big “Thank you” to everyone who has given financial gifts toward the painting project on the outside walls of the church. We will have it done as soon as it warms up! Now we need to raise another $1,600 to cover the new furnace in the Activities Center! If you can help with this expense, please make a check payable to PMCCC with a note that it is for the building fund.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
Saturday, March 16th: Men’s Breakfast
Sunday, March 17th: St. Patrick’s Day Pot Luck
Sunday, April 7th: Annual Members Meeting
COMING UP THIS WEEK:
* Sunday February 24th at 9:30 a.m.: All Church Prayer Time in the Sanctuary
* Sunday February 24th at 10:00 a.m.: Church Service: Sermon: “Stephen Pays the Ultimate Price” Acts 7:-54 – 8:1a
* Sunday February 24th at 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Youth Meeting in the Activities Center – dinner at 5:15.
* Wednesday, February 27th at 10 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study in the Activities Center: Topic: “Studies in Deuteronomy: A Call For Wholehearted Commitment.”
* Thursday, February 28th at 11 a.m.: Women’s Bible Study at 2414 Freeman Dr. Topic: “More Than Enough”
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all,
NOTE: Input your email address below to be added to the Pastor’s Update email.